Monday, June 17, 2013

Wood Pallet Father's Day Gift

Ever since I say the email from Archiver's announcing they were selling wood pallet signs I knew I wanted to make something with it. This Father's Day afforded me that opportunity, and here is what I created.


I wanted a rustic feel to this sign so I used my Silhouette Portrait and cardstock to cut out the words. I used Adirondack Acrylic Paint Dabbers in Lettuce and Terra Cotta to stencil on the color.


You can see that the words are legible but not crisp, exactly what I was looking for. FYI the faint orange blob you see at the beginning of "fishing" is because I didn't shake the paint before I started. I'm fine with it though, it adds to the rustic/distressed feel!


(Sorry this photo is blurry, I was taking these pictures while rushing out the door.) I painted mini-clothespins in Cloudy Blue and then dry brushed them with the Lettuce. They're adhered to the board with Claudine Hellmuth Studio Multi-Medium Matte adhesive and held sepia toned pictures of the grandkids.


These numbers are probably my favorite part of the whole project. I just love how they turned out. The numbers are Tim Holtz Idea-ology Mini Numerals and they have at least four layers of paint on them! I started out with Cloudy Blue, added splotches of Terra Cotta, then Lettuce and finished off by dry brushing more Cloudy Blue. These are also adhered with the multi-medium.

As a final touch I used Cloudy Blue to splatter the sign. I'm always amazed at how big of an impact that small detail can have on a project.

Thanks so much for taking a look today. I hope you like it as much as my dad did!

1 comment:

Lily Allen said...

Really nice and informative blog, keep it up buddy…
clipping path service