Monday, October 15, 2012

Exploring Cricut Guest Designer

Welcome! I'm so excited to be a guest designer at Exploring Cricut. Today I'm going to share the birthday invitations I ended up making for my daughter's party this past weekend.
The event was Snow White themed so the color scheme was given; red, yellow and blue. I used Jack Frost Glimmer Mist to color the flower and that fun, frilly ribbon from Michael's was a great find. All of the Snow White stickers came from a coloring book so all the invitations were slightly different.
I also decorated the inside of the invitation. The mirror is reflective paper I found in the art section at Michael's. It came in a giant sheet that I had to cut down to size. It's thick paper so I used my Gypsy to have it cut multiple times. I used the black portion that was cut out from the frame as my mat on the front of the card.
The wording of the invitation started out:
Mirror, mirror on the wall
look who's turning four this fall
it then invited everyone to the enchanted forest, our house. And wouldn't you know, even giving people three options to RSVP (call, text, email) we still had to call over half the invited guests. That's so frustrating!

Paper Recipe:
Recollections Cardstock - black, white, red
Echo Park Patterned Paper - A Walk In The Park - Sunshine

Cut List:
Art Philosophy
   Card Base - 6.65"
   Mat - 4.96"
Happily Ever After
   Frame - 5.35"
   Apple - 2.71"


4 comments:

Diane said...

Thank you for being our guest designer at Exploring Cricut. I had to correct the link, but now everyone can check out your awesome blog!!! Thanks so much.

Annette said...

Your invitation is adorable Tonya! Thanks for being our Guest Designer today at Exploring Cricut:)

Annette
My Mind's Dust Bunnies

Migdalia said...

Adorable!Just lovely!Great job!

Sharon said...

WOW!!! What an awesome invite!! I so love it!! Thank you so very much for being our Guest Designer at Exploring Cricut!!!!! :)