Welcome and Happy Flag Day! Today I have a card celebrating America to share with you.
I used a number of stamping techniques to create this card. All of my edges are inked with Tim Holtz Frayed Burlap and the star boarder is stamped with Tea Dye. I used American Crafts stamp markers to add color to my stamps exactly where I wanted it - this is how I got the two tone images. For the background paper that I created I used a technique call Second-Generation Stamping. To do this you ink up your stamp and stamp it once on scrap paper. Then you stamp again, without adding additional ink, on your paper. This gives your a great light, distressed image. I also used the second-generation stamping technique with the flag.
- One 4 1/4" x 8 1/2" piece of cardstock - score at 5 1/2" (blue)
- One 3" x 8" piece of cardstock - score at 4" (red)
- Two 2 3/4" x 3 3/4" pieces of cardstock or designer paper (inside and outside of red piece)
- One 4" x 5 1/4" piece of of cardstock or designer paper (inside blue)
- One 2 3/4" x 4" piece of cardstock or designer paper (outside blue)
I hope you enjoyed my card. For more patriotic inspiration please visit My Cricut Craft Room.