Wednesday, March 7, 2012

My Cricut Craft Room - Stamped Image

My Cricut Craft Room
     I have a tag to share with you today that could easily be added to a card or layout or simply used on its own. I haven't added a sentiment to it yet since it can be used in just about any situation.
     First I stamped my image from Stampendous (Dandelion Wishes) in alabaster chalk ink from ColorBox. Once I cleaned off my stamp I inked it up with VersaMark and stamped over my alabaster image. I used clear Zing to emboss the image. Then I took Tim Holtz distress ink in Peeled Paint and Broken China and inked my entire paper. The embossing resists the ink keeping the image visible. I used my gypsy, and Gypsy Wanderings, to stretch my image to 3"x4.5". I then stuck my paper to my mat and cut the image out.
     Please stop by Erica's blog to see the other Design Team stamping projects as well as the Would You Ever Guess Wednesday creations.

15 comments:

Jessica Kephart | A Homespun Affair said...

I love how creative you were with the inks!! Amazing!


xoxoxox,
Jess & Mason @ www.homespunelegance.blogspot.com

Josie0602 said...

Great use of inks!! So pretty!

DT sis
Tracy
http://scrappinthewoods.blogspot.com

Doris P. said...

- how beautiful and creative that is to stamp etc first then cut out!! beautiful!!! -dt Doris

Gloria said...

beautiful job with the stamping!!
I need to learn more techniques!!
tfs
gloria
www.craftnthings.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

WOW this is beautiful love that you cut the shape with the Cricut ...

Bunnyfreak said...

Love the stamp you used. Great tag.
DT sis

rlovew said...

Beautiful tag! I love the embossed look- I haven't tried cutting after embossing though I normally do it the other way around.

Miranda said...

Love your tag! And I love that technique!
Miranda :)
My Cricut Craft Room DT Sister
www.nanasscrapspot.com

ClaireR said...

wow, beautiful tag. Love your inking technique, didnt realize you could do that, I really need to learn techniques like these. Thanks for creativity and inspiration.
TFS!
Claire, dt sista
www.threewaterscreations.com

Auntie Em said...

I really like your tag! I never thought about butting out a design after stamping it. I am going to have to try this. Should be fairly easy using the Cricut Craft Room program! :)
Thanks for the inspiration! :)

Marji said...

Very pretty, I love that stamped image

Janeen said...

I just love this resist stamping technique! Your tag turned out great! TFS!

Kathy Salido said...

This is so gorgeous!!
MCCR DT Sister,
Kathy
http://3spoileddogs.blogspot.com/

cema1cema said...

I love this image!! So pretty! Christina

Theresa said...

This is a great tag. Nice techniques!

-Theresa
ahappyscrappylife.blogspot.com