Wednesday, March 21, 2012

My Cricut Craft Room - WYEGW

     Thanks for stopping by the check out my Would You Ever Guess Wednesday (WYEGW) post. If you're unfamiliar with what WYEGW is all about it's where we challenge ourselves to explore more of our cartridges.
     When completing a WYEGW project we are not allowed to use the main images of a cart (anything you would see on the back of the box). Instead we are to use the feature keys. Our ultimate goal is to make you say "I didn't know that was on that cart!"
     For my project today I used the Accessory Keys on the Paper Doll Dress Up cart. To me the paper doll carts are ideal for creating a project with cuts that many people didn't know where available.
     I made this card for one of my daughter's preschool friends who just became a big sister. Since it's intended for a 3 year old I wanted it to be very child-like and used crayons to color the front. You can't really tell but I used Glossy Accents and glitter to make exhaust clouds and since I was stamping on crayon I used StazOn ink.
     The inside is made with the font on Nate's ABCs. The mat came from Paper Doll Dress Up.


Recipe:
Paper Doll Dress Up
   Cityscape - 2.29
   Spaceship - 2.06
   Mat - 5.63 (stretched)
Nate's ABCs
   Font - 1
Crayons
Glossy Accents
Studio G Glitter
Pop Dots
Jet Black StazOn
Misc Stamp

Now stop back at Erica's blog to see what the other design team members have created.

7 comments:

Doris P. said...

absolute cuteness!! love the crayon coloring!!! perfect card! -dt doris

Josie0602 said...

Very cute idea!

I love the card!

Tracy
My Cricut Craft Room DT

Claire Spielman said...

She'll be a proud BIG sis!Cute!
Creative Wishes,
Claire S.
DT My Cricut Craft Room
www.scrapmyway.blogspot.com

Tiggerscraps said...

lol, what a cute card! I love it

Anonymous said...

so cute love this

Miranda said...

Adorable! TFS
Miranda :)
MCCR DT Sister
www.nanasscrapspot.com

Laurie said...

Love how you did this card! It's awesome!