Thursday, July 5, 2012

Pause Dream Enjoy - Sunset Challenge

Hello my crafty friends! I have some fun news to share with you all. I made the Pause Dream Enjoy Challenges DT!! If you've not heard of this fun challenge blog I invite you the check it out. Every week we have a new question/theme for you to base your project on. ALL crafts are welcome. You are not limited to only paper crafts. Fell free to knit something or create a 3D. Maybe you make jewelry or mixed media. Everything is welcome!

Our sponsor for this challenge is the fabulous online store
Cori is offering a $5 gift card to anyone WORLDWIDE

The randomly selected winner will be chosen from all the entries received before midnight Thursday, July 12.

This weeks question is:
When is the last time you watched a sunset?
Aren't the color just amazing?

Challenge: Create any project using sunset as your inspiration. Scrap some sunset pictures, create a sunset themed card, use the colors of a sunset to create you project; whatever inspires you!

This is what I created!
I have NEVER created anything like this before and to be honest it was kind of a screw-up-turned-art. I started out making the bursts/flowers using a hair dryer to melt crayons and blow the melted wax around. I ended up not really liking it so I went into the craft space to try and "fix" it. One wrong move after another lead me to use alcohol inks to try and cover the bits I didn't like. After dropping, dabbing and smearing I lived with it for a few days and decided I liked it!

Now it's your turn. How will our SUNSET theme inspire you? Be sure to stop by Pause Dream Enjoy and see what the rest of the DT created!

Photobucket

No comments: