Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Celebrate The Occasion - Child's Birthday Challenge

This week at Celebrate The Occasion we're celebrating that special child's birthday! My layout is from (if you're a regular follower of my blog you know what I'm going to say here) two years ago! This was my son's first birthday. It was a perfect day for the middle of May in Minnesota. We spent the morning at the zoo and had cupcakes to celebrate after dinner (which you can see was macaroni and cheese for him)!
 
Challenge #77
Child's Birthday
 
Here's my layout:
My background cardstock is Recollections and the accent paper is Close To My Heat, Dotty For You.
I used one of the stamp sets that comes with the Art Philosophy Cricut cartridge for the "Happy Birthday" and cupcake. The candle sticker representing the number one is by EK Success.
I used Liquid Glass to secure my We R Memory Keepers floss. The banners are inked with chocolate chalk ink and are Bella Blvd.

I pleated the ribbon here and in the opposite corner. I also added triangle stickers in both corners.

The doodling along the top and bottom was done with the Sew Stamper and circle doodle head.
All of the stickers on this layout are Bella Blvd. I used my glitter gelly roll pen to add a touch of sparkle in random spots throughout the layout. I plan to journal in the orange quote bubble.

We welcome you to stop by Celebrate The Occasion to see what the rest of the design team has created and join in the fun!

2 comments:

Adrian said...

Very pretty layout!

Rachel said...

Wow, this is fab...I love all the different elements. Rachel x