Friday, August 24, 2012

Pause Dream Enjoy - Little Green Men Challenge


Challenge #34
Little Green Men
(UFOs, Aliens, Monsters)
 
So if you follow my blog with any regularity you know I'm extremely far behind on scrapping my holiday and big event photos. This challenge gave me the opportunity to scrap a couple of trick-or-treating photos from last year. I  love the layout and I hope you can find some of the interesting tricks I used inspirational.
For the cobweb I used my Gypsy and positioned the image so it was only partially on my mat. I used my Cricut markers to draw the outline first (I did this for all my cuts), then I cut the image. I had to use a pair of scissors to finish off some of the cuts. Now the image is see-through and pops up a little.

I used liquid glass to attach the brown twine to the back of the web and the happy little spider is mounted with a foam square.
I did the marker thing again on my house, monsters and fence. On the house, mummy and fence I drew the detail cuts and then hid them with my gypsy so they would only be drawn and not cut. My fence and mummy are mounted with thin foam squares and my ghost is mounted with a slightly thicker one.
My stickers and background paper are Echo Park's Apothecary line. The kraft-like paper is by Basic Grey. In this photo you can see how I distressed the edges of my photo mats. I also used a green and brown chalk ink to add a color distress.
 
This weeks sponsor is:
The winner will receive
a $5 gift certificate


1 comment:

Cathy Dineen said...

Great layout! Very spooky! :)