Monday, September 17, 2012

ScrapFest 2012 - Day 1

Sorry, I'm getting this up so late. My camera decided it no longer wanted to put pictures on my computer.

Friday was the first day of ScrapFest 2012 and I had plans to get up, drop my daughter off at preschool and head to the Mall of America (MOA). Unfortunately I woke up, felt sick and slept until I needed to leave for my first class.
The class I took on this day was put on by Canvas Corp. We used one of their 7gypsies trays along with paper and embellishments by Canvas Home Basics to make a Christmas Countdown Tray. This was a great class! It was so well organized and taught.
Each of these little flaps opens up so you can put an activity or treat inside as you count down the days to Christmas.
I only ended up doing one make-and-take that day. I hopped in the line for ek success not realizing just how slow moving it was. When I did, finally, get to make the project we used a pretty cool tool, the Inkadinkadoo Stamping Gear (check it out here).
We also got this drawstring backpack after making the project.
After doing the make-and-take it was getting close to the end of the day so I hit the ScrapFest Outpost (a ScrapFest only shopping area) and scored a few awesome products. First up these $0.49 scrap packs.
What's in them you ask? Well, each of them had the same three sheets of Making Memories Passport line, one full sheet of brown cardstock, one large scrap of red and two medium scraps of light blue. Each pack then had a different assortment of other, smaller scraps.
Next I got this My Mind's Eye Blackbird collections kit for $4.99. I think this paper is super cute.
Finally this 12 x 12 screen/template for a mere $1.99. I considered it a successful shopping day!
Be sure to check back tomorrow for my day two adventures. I did a lot more make-and-takes and took a Tim Holtz class!

No comments: