Thursday, December 22, 2011

25 Days of Christmas - Gingerbread


Welcome to Erica's Craft Room
25 Days of Christmas,
with 25 Cricut projects a day.
Don't forget to stop by Erica's blog to see 24 more projects today....
and every day in December.

I made a sweet little gingerbread card to share with you today. He's very easy to make and looks so yummy.
I used the shadow of the gingerbread man found on page 61 of the Winter Frolic Cricut cartridge. I cut him out at 5" on both white cardstock and a textured light brown card.

To make my card look more like a real cookie I sponged on brown chalk ink. My little guys face is Peachy Keen Stamps wide eyed kids 1 1/8". To give him some rosey cheeks I used Inkadinkado blending chalks. His wavy icing bands are rik-rac ribbon with glossy accents. I used my Recollections opaque pen to drawn the white frosting line around him and his buttons are Bo Bunny Blitzen jewels.
Since I don't have a gypsy to weld a card together I scored my white gingerbread layer near the top, applied a line of glue and adhered the two layers together. I also inked the white layer with brown chalk ink. The sentiment is from the Inkadinkado Pattern Play Holiday stamp set and is stamped in Recollections ruby ink.

Make sure to become a follower and leave a comment on this and all of my other 25 Days of Christmas posts to be eligible to win my blog candy - the Gingerbread Cricut Cartridge! You can find all the details here (scroll all the way down).

3 comments:

LisaM said...

Adorable card Tonya!

Doris P. said...

looks good enough to EAT!! yummy! already a follower.. parkernana5@cox.net
http://mybugandmecreate.blogspot.com

ShersL84bed said...

Fun card. I'm a follower.

Smiles Sher
ShersL84bed@aol.com